In honor of National cheese lovers day today, we wanted to share one of our favorite recipe's which combines our love affair with both pasta and cheese! We are so lucky to have so many amazing farms around us that produce some of the most fantastic cheeses to throw into this recipe! Make this recipe TONIGHT! You will be very happy that you did!
Three Cheese Macaroni & Cheese Bites
· 1 pound elbow macaroni (or your favorite type of pasta!)
2. Add pasta and cook until it’s al dente (about 6 minutes) or however you like it!
3. Strain the cooked pasta and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, set it aside
4. Heat the half and half + the cayenne pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Simmer until the mixture is reduced to 1 ½ cups – it should take around 15 minutes or so.
5. Add the cream cheese and stir until it’s melted
6. Add the Cheddar and Gruyere and whisk until it’s melted and the sauce is smooth
7. Add the pasta to the saucepan and stir to combine. Add some of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce if necessary!